Cholesterol is an oily substance known as a lipid. It is normally produced by the liver from fatty foods we eat and is vital for the normal functioning of the body (see box left).
Having an extremely high level of blood lipids (hyperlipidemia) may have a serious effect on their health, because they increase the risk of assault on the heart or a stroke.
Cholesterol found in every cell of your body. Cholesterol is a second-hand through your body to build healthy cells as well as some very important hormones.
When you have high cholesterol, you can enlarge fat deposits in blood vessels. Over time, these deposits make it difficult for adequate blood flow from one side to another of his arteries.
Your heart can not get that much oxygen-rich blood as it needs, which increase the risk of an attack the heart. The decreased blood flow to the brain and cause a stroke.
Causes of lower cholesterol
Several drugs and diseases can bring about high cholesterol, but for most people, a high-fat diet and inherited factors risk may be the major causes.
- A high in saturated fat, high-cholesterol diet. Saturated fats and cholesterol are usually found in foods from animals, such as beef, pork, milk, butter, and cheese.
- In addition, many foods contain fat soaking process, such as coconut oil, palm oil or cocoa butter. Fats are difficult soaked itching include housing and hardened liquid vegetable oils such as lard and butter stick.
- Excess weight, which can increase triglycerides and decrease high-density lipoproteins.
- The lack of physical activity, which may increase LDL and lower HDL.
Symptoms of cholesterol level
- General fatigue
- Excessive sweating and feeling sick
- The pain and heaviness in the chest area
- The lack of air
Treatment for cholesterol levels
- The main objective of the treatment of lower cholesterol is to lower low-density lipoprotein (LDL) level adequate to reduce your risk of heart disease or cause to disturb the hardening of the arteries.
- In common than their level of LDL and additional risk factors you have, the greater the chance of heart disease or suffer mounting a heart attack. (A part of the risk is a condition that increases your chance of getting a disease).
Some population is at high risk for assault because the heart has a heart disease. Others are people at high risk of increased heart disease because they have diabetes or a mixture of risk factors for heart disease.
Home remedies for cholesterol
- The pain patients have high blood cholesterol should drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, as they stimulate the excretory action of the kidneys. Good home remedy for lowering cholesterol.
- Onion juice reduce cholesterol and works as a tonic. It cleanses the blood, helps the digestive system, cures insomnia and regulate the action of the heart and helps reduce cholesterol. This is a good and simple home remedy for cholesterol.
- A practical mask on the stomach improves the absorption and obtain higher performance of the liver and activates the kidneys to promote excretion.
- Oat saved for 14 years is also very beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels and is one of the useful home remedies for cholesterol.
- Take rich in vitamin E and sunflower seed, safflower, soybean oils, butter, food and sprouted seeds and grains.
- Take vitamin B6, choline and inositol diet as wheat germ, yeast or B vitamins extracted from bran.
- Boil two tablespoons dried coriander seeds in a glass of water and strain the decoction after cooling. Take this decoction twice a day to lower cholesterol.